Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Husband - the Baker

As many of you know, Kyle recently started his job at Dakota Thyme in Rapid City. After a few month of marking pine beetle trees, he turned in his boots for a chef coat. Well, he doesn't have it yet, but I can't wait to see him wear it!

Kyle needs his chef coat
It's been an interesting journey for Kyle since he's graduated college. I've never met someone who is as passionate and in love with hunting and fishing, so naturally, he started a path working for the Game & Fish. As much as he would've loved to work at a fish hatchery, flour, butter and probably some lard have led him to the kitchens of Dakota Thyme. And man...can this guy bake.

Marda Stoliar from the International School of Baking
 The shop will serve a variety of baked goods and will be set up like a delicatessen. Kyle will be working mostly with breads, but also with the other baked goods as needed. The training he's receiving right now is unbelievable. The owners of Dakota Thyme, Julie and Jim, have set a precedent for a successful business by providing their employees with culinary training from Marda Stoliar from the International School of Baking.

I'm no expert, but I cannot even tell you how amazing the samples have been. It actually makes me really nervous. I have great self-control when it comes to eating healthy, but oh my goodness! Who can resist the flaky, golden, buttery, amazing Almond Croissants or this Bear Claw thing that he brought home yesterday? I'm going to have to be extra careful, too many of these babies I'm going to be in a real trouble.

So, here's a peak at what's cookin' at Dakota Thyme. I believe it opens mid-February so go check it out!

Venetian Olive Bread

Pain de Chocolat

Flaky, Golden, Buttery, Amazing Croissants 

Apricot Danish

No comments:

Post a Comment